Skip to main content

Let's Talk ... Transparency

Photography by Kristine

T R A N S P A R E N C Y

trans·par·en·cy
/ˌtranˈsperənsē/
noun
noun: transparency; plural noun: transparencies
  1. 1.
    the condition of being transparent.


    "the transparency of ice"
    synonyms:translucency, lucidity, pellucidity, limpidness, limpidity, glassiness,
     liquidity, clearness, clarity
    rare transpicuousness
    "the transparency of the dew on a rose"


    I have been writing my blog for many years now. I have rarely been transparent. 

    I turned 50 this year. I am married to a great man and have two felines that make our house a home. We live in an 1920 Colonial with a short walk to a relaxing pond and busy center of town. I have never had a child of my own. I have worked in an office for most of my working days and a creative whenever I can be. I am a lover of photography, writing, animals and nature. My favorite season is Fall. I love comfort - A tasty cup of coffee, a soft blanket and an intriguing read.  My family comes first. I have many different groups of old and new friends. I have moved houses six times since leaving my family home. In turn, learning new neighborhoods and travel routes. Being in nature soothes me. I enjoy a brilliantly written book, an eye opening magazine article and a gripping movie. I can appreciate an inspiring journal and a breathtaking sunset. I can indulge in a great conversation for hours. I will never pass up a flavorful glass or two of red wine. I have been working on publishing my original photography and poetry in hopes of sending it out into the world once the last edits are made. I enjoy collaborating with other artists. Creating is when I feel the most alive. 

    I am finding that clarity comes with age. Life is too short. It is meant to be lived. Do what makes you happy. 

    How transparent have you been? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up Through Collage

Here, We Are A Few Months Have Passed  Life Moves On As Life Does Using Collage To Mark Captured Moments of Time  A Yarn Project of Sorts  Visiting a Local Breakfast Cafe A Creative Weekend Get Away Celebrating The Best Mom (& Dad)  Ever Welcoming in the Summer Months with a Great Friend Capturing the Essence of Childhood Bonds A Surprise Bunny Family Photographs of the Best Furries Friends Anyone Could Ask For & Enjoying a Short Trip of Solitude at the Local Pond    I would love to hear of your Summer Finds, Memories, Traditions  What have you captured this past Spring and Summer?  Until We Connect Again! 

A YEAR IN PHOTO COLLAGES

A YEAR IN PHOTO COLLAGES ...    

Love Story in Burlington, VT ...

It started the morning I decided to visit Muddy Waters (Coffee House) in Burlington, Vermont. I was told by the locals that if I was looking for a quiet place to write and enjoy a good cup of java, this was the place. I entered into a few different level rooms containing booths, cozy benches and chairs. After ordering an Iced Machiatto, I settled into a nice corner bench adjacent to a bookshelf. It was quiet, the perfect seat to get some reading done. My reason for spending a quiet morning here was to work through a few more chapters in The Artist's Way. (Julia Cameron's ~ Guide to Inspire Artists). Upon looking around, I noticed that there was a small, rolled up piece of paper tucked away in the brick wall behind me. At first, I was not sure whether to take it out and read it, or not. Perhaps I have seen too many "Candid - Punked" like shows, and someone was watching my every move. Pushing these paranoid thoughts aside, I reached over, read it and I was elated