Living in the Moment Blog Button

Living in the Moment Blog Button
Living in the Moment

Friday, November 11, 2011

Poetry Friday ...



POSITIVE SIGN

I KNEW THE TIME HAD COME
TO PUT ASIDE MY TEARS
I HAD TO SEE THE DAY AHEAD
 WITHOUT ANY OLD FEARS

I HEARD MY HEART BEATING
LOUDER THAN IT SHOULD
 MADE ME FEEL WEAKER
KNOWING THAT I COULD

ALL THE WHILE HOPING
FOR A POSITIVE SIGN
EASIER DAYS AHEAD
WOULD SOON BE MINE

DREAMING OF DAYS PAST
WOULD GET ME THROUGH
THE WARMTH OF LAUGHTER
HAPPIER TIMES I KNEW

LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
I KNOW WHO I WANT TO BE
PUTTING THE PAST BEHIND
A SUNNY PATH TO SEE

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kristine-

    I liked your poem. In simply expressed words, you've expressed what we need to do in order to move forward; allowing the past to fade, remembering the lessons we've accumulated over a lifetime.

    Letting go of the past is not always so easy.

    Looking to the future, I'm pretty sure I know where I want to go.
    The trick is what path will get me there, as I oftentimes have a terrible sense of direction !

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth ~ Always so great to hear from you ~ Moving forward is so important ~ The past always seems to creep in a little ~ Learning to stop this from happening. The future is bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine I always enjoy your poems, so warm and intimate, yet always speak of something we all can relate to. (I have a problem expressing my feelings in English, it's different than speaking about "ordinary" things, sorry.) I love this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Sonja - This is brand new - I just finished it last week - Glad you enjoyed it - Sometimes the past creeps in, but we need to continue to move forward ... So glad you are home ... You were missed :)

    ReplyDelete