Skip to main content

Picture Frame Friday ...


So, These are the benefits of having your own blog - Usually, On Fridays it is Poetry Friday but I wanted to change things up a bit.

I thought I would write regarding a question I have been asked quite frequently these days. How do I decide the a photo is worth taking? Or how do I know that it will be a good shot?

I came across this photograph (above) and thought this would be perfect to help me explain. Many times I have an imaginary frame in my mind of what I want my photo to look like. Off to the left a bit, off to the right, etc -

I also tape the LCD display before I go out shooting. I learned this years ago, and it has really improved my work.  (It keeps me shooting - An average shoot on any given day is approximately 100 shots.)This way, I do not waste time checking photos. It forces you to save that work for when you return home. This way, you are not deleting pictures that may please you on the computer, but not in the camera.

Hoping these tricks and tips help you, like they have helped me.

Happy Friday, Everyone!
~Kristine


Comments

  1. I so agree, take all you can whilst on a shoot - you can't recapture the moment later on, or the angle of light. And do you age that if your image is of a sufficiently high resolution, you can crop it where you want in Photoshop. Gone are our days of Hassleblad and darkroom and so on, though my husband still would prefer the quality of what he did then (60s, 70s, 80s and 90s). I'd love to talk more about technique, for I am but a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not an expert, but I agree - it's always good to take a lot of photos and later choose which ones to keep. You never know what you might find in some of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful hearing from you, Ann ~ As you mentioned, you can recapture a moment in time - I shoot away - Hoping for a good shot, or even a great one but I know that I do have some tools to improve the picture, something I never had before. Yesteryear, did bring about some wonderful advances in photography, but I will always think it is the photographer that takes the best photos, not the camera. Technique is many things to many people. I do not get too technical, but I love speaking to other photographers about savoring a moment. Ask Away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonja - Shooting away for awhile was probably the best advice I ever received - I will never forget this - My mentor at the time told me, "Film is cheap, shoot away" ... Well, I still take this advice in the digital ages ... Shoot, Shoot, Shoot. My favorite escape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you ... I take lots of pictures and never....ever....look at the LCD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you, Diane ~ Yes ~ A tip I kept for many years, and it has paid off & Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up Through Collage

Here, We Are A Few Months Have Passed  Life Moves On As Life Does Using Collage To Mark Captured Moments of Time  A Yarn Project of Sorts  Visiting a Local Breakfast Cafe A Creative Weekend Get Away Celebrating The Best Mom (& Dad)  Ever Welcoming in the Summer Months with a Great Friend Capturing the Essence of Childhood Bonds A Surprise Bunny Family Photographs of the Best Furries Friends Anyone Could Ask For & Enjoying a Short Trip of Solitude at the Local Pond    I would love to hear of your Summer Finds, Memories, Traditions  What have you captured this past Spring and Summer?  Until We Connect Again! 

A YEAR IN PHOTO COLLAGES

A YEAR IN PHOTO COLLAGES ...    

A Year in Photos

     Happy New Year, Everyone!  Wishing You All a Healthy 2024!